IMPORTANT EVENTS IN 2019
The Company continues to take important strategic initiatives in 2019. Packaged food business has further strengthened Oishi’s brand by introducing “Oishi Eato” for Ready to Cook and Ready to Eat products to create impactful brand awareness and effectively engage customers starting from February.
The Company also realizes the importance of adapting to fast changing business environments. On August 9, 2019, the Board of Directors has approved the incorporation of a new subsidiary in Thailand, Oishi Delivery Company Limited, which has already incorporated to be a private limited company on October 2, 2019, to efficiently engage in food delivery and online-ordering business in accordance with modern consumers’ needs.
The Company continues to be recognized as leading company in food and beverage industry with important awards received including Thailand’s Most Social Power Brand Award 2019 which addresses the strongest brand in social medias for both RTD tea and Japanese restaurant category, evaluated across 4 social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube and Thailand’s Most Admired Brand Award 2019 as the most trusted and admired brand in RTD tea category for 8th consecutive years.
On credit rating, Tris Rating Co., Ltd. affirms the Company rating at “A+” which reflects the company’s leading position in RTD tea segment in Thailand with well-recognized brand, established nationwide distribution network, strong product innovation and healthy finances. The outlook is rated as “stable” based on the expectation that the Company will remain a strategically important subsidiary of ThaiBev, maintains market position in the RTD tea market and restaurant business while deliver solid operating results going forward.
In additions, the Company also had important developments in each business segment as follow;
1. Restaurant Business
In 2019, the Company has developed and elevated its products and services of the restaurant brands operated by Oishi Group Company as follows;
- OISHI EATERIUM has launched new store concept under “EAT - EXPLORE - PREMIUM” presenting various delicious Japanese foods producing from high quality ingredients and creative merging of Japanese eating culture through sound touch, taste and smell. Oishi Eaterium has opened its first outlet at Central Grand Plaza Rama IV, continued with Seacon Square Srinakarin, Future Park Rangsit, Mega Bangna, Fashion Island, Central Korat, Central Phuket Floresta, Central Pattaya Beach and in 2019 at Samyan Mitrtown
- OISHI GRAND has adapted the sushi line in Sushi Parade, pointing up the fusion style with the premium-quality materials to deliver the different tastes i.e. Grilled Salmon Foie Gras Sauce Sushi and Ebi Cheese Sushi which the feedback has been positively returned in 2019.
- SHABUSHI continued to operate under the concept “Shabushi and So Much More“ focusing on value and varieties of menu while introducing new menu variety every 3 months in order to penetrate the market. In November 2018, there was a new service generated in 2 price rates namely Gold Buffet and Platinum Buffet which fulfilled unlimited ultimate experiences with premium freshly-sliced pork and beef such as Kata Rosu Beef, Kata Bara Beef and Premium Bacon Kurobuta.
- OISHI RAMEN aimed at the novelty menu innovation to meet the consumers’ needs in fast pace by keeping up being the expertise in noodle with soup, stir fried noodle and cold ramen (reimen). Recently, Tsukemen has been created as a new menu as cold ramen dipping with dried fish soup providing freshness which received positive feedback as well.
- KAKASHI, a new brand concept, promoting Quick Serve Restaurant or QSR, stressing quality, convenience and value for money, serving Japanese rice bowl which fully filled with topping, offering twice quantity of topping, introducing Rice with Spicy Pork Egg Onsen, Miso Donburi and new menus as Ton Toro Shio Togarashi Don and Soft Shell Crab Kani Tama Don together with Isakaya style snacks which meet the quick-served platform in current life style.
- Hou Yuu , the authentic Japanese cuisines with favorite dishes as Sashimi (raw fish), Sushi, Shabu Shabu, Sukiyaki, Tempura and Udon. Each of the cuisines is authentically Japanese, and its preparation is elaborated from its inception to completion using only selected high quality raw materials.
2. Ready to Cook and Ready to Eat Business
Since Oishi Group Company is deemed as one of the leaders in Japanese food and development of product innovation in Thailand, the Company has thus developed and offered new quality products in various types, tastes, and packaging to continuously satisfy consumer needs. At the same time, the Company has also expanded its market base and organized marketing activities to boost up the sale as well as build up the brand awareness. For the past 2019, significant events related to products and activities are as follows.
- Built brand awareness and brand recognition under “Oishi Eato” reflected from the image of strong leader in food and beverage market of Oishi for over 20 years. Oishi Eato has aimed to be the leader of Japanese Ready to Eat Business by driving the best seller items as Gyoza and Sandwich via strategic media plans through teen target i.e. online media, social media and point-of-sale activities to highlight its delectable and quality.
- Highlighted on the new product research and development trending in Japan as Chilled Stir-Fried Ramen in various Japanese authentic flavors. Besides, Oishi Eato has first-time released French Toast Sandwich in Ready to Eat platform in Thailand keeping soft bread coating with egg, butter and milk and special tastefulness from bacon, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Continued to develop and launch healthy sandwich “Oishi Eato Sandwich with Whole Grains” to satisfy the needs of the new consumers who concerns in healthy lifestyle for example Teriyaki Salmon Salad Sandwich and California Crab Stick Avocado Spread Sandwich. And also develop ramen noodles without preservatives and monosodium glutamate for all fried ramen menus
- Expansion to overseas market by launching Oishi Gyoza in new flavors to attracts consumers in EU market in which the Company can achieve higher target than previous year by 67%
- Collaborated with Group’s related business to expand market base of frozen ready to eat food, especially frozen Gyoza in to Other Modern Trade (OMT) in rural area, implemented on the Central and the East of the country.
- Expansion more distribution channels towards Food Service market by enhancing the number of customers both of Horeca and Caf with targeting in Food Supply in Thailand.
In 2019, the Company has continually developed and launched new products, including the launch of new flavors and refreshed packaging design to attract teen target and expanded distribution coverage into new countries as following;
- Repackaged and publicized Oishi Green Tea Honey Lemon flavor emphasizing the finest raw material of Hyakkamitsu honey with special floral aroma produced only at Hokkaido Island, Japan and Oishi Green Tea Honey Lemon - Double Lemon flavor with extra taste of lemon in the style of Oishi Green Tea as well.
- Developed and launched ready to drink premium tea named “Oishi Gold” with 100 percent top tea leaves from Matsuda Farm in Omaezaki City, Japan guaranteed with 3-consecutive-year “Emperor’s Cup” award consisted of 4 flavors : Oishi Gold Genmaicha No Sugar flavor and Delight flavor (less sugar) and Oishi Gold Kabusecha No Sugar flavor and Delight flavor (less sugar). All 4 products have been manufactured using innovated packages. The shape of the bottle resembles the bamboo tube with wider bottlenose. With those features, the drinker, especially health lovers, will sense the pleasant scents of premium green tea and evoke the exclusive experience. They have been launched since November 2018 to improve sales at said year end.
- Adjusted the size, repackaged and revised the logo of UHT 180 ml. products at retail prize Baht 10. Using innovation of packaging called ‘Leaf’ to beautify the product look at the same time also saved the packaging costs. Currently, there are 4 flavors: Original, Honey Lemon, Genmai, Kyoho grape.
- Expansion of distribution to new country i.e. Republic of Taiwan and Kingdom of Norway.