IMPORTANT EVENTS IN 2018
In order to create clear business structure and serve future business expansion, the Company has transferred assets related to food production and supplies of food materials (“Central Kitchen” from Oishi Trading Co., Ltd. to Oishi Food Service Co., Ltd which will help enhance management efficiency and support sustainable business growth of Oishi Group.
The Company continues to be recognized as leading company in food and beverage industry with many important awards received including Superbrands Thailand Award 2017 which shows the success of Oishi as a top of mind food and beverage brand, The Most Powerful Brands 2018 as the strongest and most powerful brand in RTD tea category, Thailand’s Most Social Powerful Brand 2018 which measures effectiveness in online engagement in RTD tea category, Food Safety Award in accordance with Thailand’s National Strategy from the Ministry of Public Health and Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization Certificate as a beverage producer who helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
On credit rating, Tris Rating Co., Ltd. affirms the Company rating at “A+” which reflects the company’s market position as the leading producer of RTD Tea in Thailand with well-known brand and strong financial position. The outlook is rated as “stable” based on the expectation that the Company will remain a strategically important subsidiary of ThaiBev, maintain competitive position in the RTD tea market and deliver good operating performance going forward.
In additions, the Company also had important developments in each business segment as follow:
1. Restaurant Business
In 2018, the Company has developed and elevated its products and services of the restaurant brands operated by Oishi Group of companies as follows:
- OISHI EATERIUM has launched new store concept under “EAT - EXPLORE - PREMIUM” presenting various delicious Japanese foods producing from high quality ingredients and creative merging of Japanese eating culture through sound touch, taste and smell. Oishi Eaterium has opened its first outlet at Central Grand Plaza Rama IV, continued with Seacon Square Srinakarin, Future Park Ranngsit, Mega Bangna, Fashion Island, Central Korat and Central Phuket Floresta.
- OISHI GRAND has organized special food festival “Sushi Moon Cake“ giving opportunity for customers to experience the Japanese rice with green tea, filled with egg yolk together with crab stick during the Moon Festival in which customers have welcomed this very well.
- SHABUSHI continued to operate under the concept “Shabushi and So Much More“ focusing on value and varieties of menu while introducing new menu variety every 3 months in order to penetrate the market.
- OISHI RAMEN revamped its market strategies by focusing on being an expertise in noodle, soup in Japanese traditional style, gathering various types of Ramen from Japan into one place for the customers to taste. For example, Fukuoka Ramen, Tonkatsu soup or Miso-Ebi Hokkaido style Ramen.
- KAKASHI, a new brand concept, promoting Quick Serve Restaurant or QSR, stressing quality, convenience and value for money, serving Japanese rice bowl which fully filled with topping, offering twice quantity of topping, introducing Rice with Spicy egg onsen and Rice with grilled beacon together with Isakaya style snacks which will be memorable to all customers.
2. Ready to Cook and Ready to Eat Business
Since Oishi Group Company is deemed as one of the leaders in Japanese food and development of product innovation in Thailand, the Company has thus developed and offered new quality products in various types, tastes, and packaging to continuously satisfy consumer needs. At the same time, the Company has also expanded its market base and organized marketing activities to boost up the sale as well as build up the brand awareness. For the past 2018, significant events related to products and activities are as follows:
- Continued to develop and launched healthy sandwich “Oishi Sandwich Plus” to satisfy the needs of the new consumers who concerns in healthy lifestyle for example sandwich tuna with cereal, Quinoa and mushroom, chicken breast in black pepper sandwich, crab stick and egg salad wakame sandwich and chicken breast with sesame sauce sandwich.
- Expansion to overseas market by launching Oishi Gyoza in new flavors to attracts consumers in EU market in which the Company can achieve higher target than previous year by 83%.
- Collaborate with Group’s related business to expand market base of frozen food, especially frozen Gyoza in to Other Modern Trade (OMT) in rural area, implemented on the Central and the East of the country.
In 2018, the Company has continually developed and launched new products, including the launch of new flavors and refreshed packaging design to attract teen target and expanded distribution coverages into new countries as follows;
- Launched new Oishi Green Tea honey lemon flavor which the Company has selected its ingredient, Hyakkamitsu honey, the best honey from Japan to build and emphasize the Japanese originality of the products and the Oishi Green Tea double honey lemon which has extra taste of lemon whilst smell of aroma in the style of Oishi Green Tea. This includes the launching of ready to drink premium tea called “ Oishi Gold “ which has taste and new packaging design that will bring a special new experience to consumers who are health conscious, the Company has plan to launch in November 2018 and hope to improve sales at the year end.
- Expansion of distribution to new country i.e. United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Austria and Iceland.